Wednesday, March 9, 2011

relationship: introduction

God designed people to be relational beings. As such, He desires for us to have a relationship with Him. In fact, the Bible shows us a number of relationships we have with God. Over the next seven days, I want to take a closer look at the following seven of those relationships:

1. Potter/clay
2. Shepherd/sheep
3. Master/slave
4. Friend/friend
5. Father/child
6. Lover/loved
7. Redeemer/redeemed

For each post, I will provide a description of the relationship, a definition of what roles each party (God and us) should be playing in the relationship, and a discussion on how we often misunderstand the relationship and confuse the roles.

I pray that each post will encourage growth in your life in each particular area. I pray the same for myself as I write them and read them.

in His strength. for His glory.